South Carolina Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Type: Full Time
Required Education: High School
Vet Tech / Nurse / Assistant
South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care is now hiring a Veterinary Nurse Manager to lead our team of Emergency and Specialty Nurses!
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Available!!
The right candidate:
· Has veterinary technician leadership experience
· Is talented, energetic, and personable
· Does not shy away from hard work and challenges
· Seeks excellence and inspires the same in others
· Can lead a team of diverse individuals towards a common goal
· Works well under pressure
· Has experience in scheduling and training a large staff in a specialty or emergency environment.
· Has strong organizational and communication skills
The purpose of this position is to provide a variety of coordinating, supervisory and technical functions in support of the hospital. Areas of responsibility encompass veterinary support staff scheduling, veterinary floor flow management, operational plans, OSHA safety and development of staff. Ensures that hospital management team has adequate visibility of day-to-day operations. Schedule flexibility is required. Some night, weekend and holiday hours are required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· The fundamental responsibility of the veterinary nurse manager, in partnership with the practice manager and/or hospital administrator, is to effectively use all available resources to provide the best possible patient care to animals treated at the hospital.
· Recommends and implements policies governing flow and clinical practices.
· Provides counsel to hospital management on hospital staff and staffing levels.
· Serves as floor manager. Responsible for developing efficiency protocols utilizing knowledge of the functions and requirements of hospital. Advise local leadership team on the formulation and development of corrective actions necessary to improve the effectiveness and profitability of the practice.
· Serves as direct supervisor of veterinary technicians and assistants.
· Formulate job descriptions. Assist in developing and maintaining salary schedules and performance evaluations for all employees.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and laws. This includes but is not limited to OSHA, DEA, EEOC, ADA, and the Department of Labor. Develop and maintain procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
· Consult with Pathway IT as needed to resolve on-site issues.
· Serves as a member of the Hospital Pathway Planning Team.
· Work well with all employees and ensure that actions support the hospital, the doctors, the hospital administrator, and the practice philosophy.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Experience as a veterinary technician, preferably in a leadership role
· LVT, RVT, VTS preferred
· Possess a strong veterinary skill set, including, but not limited to- advanced knowledge in anesthesia and anesthetic monitoring, ultrasound, endoscopy, CT, digital x-ray, sanitization and sterilization techniques, aseptic techniques, laboratory techniques, veterinary medications and procedures, knowledge of medical terminology, veterinary equipment, fear-free techniques, and understanding of ICU veterinary medicine, emergency medicine, and specialty medicine. Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with ezyVet and SmartFlow is a plus!
· Excellent customer service skills, ability to work with challenging clients
· Knowledge of related federal and state animal health laws and regulations including OSHA.
Why work at South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care? We are a 24/7 Emergency and Specialty Hospital located in Columbia, SC. Columbia is the home to the University of South Carolina as well as our state capital. Cost of living is low and recreational activities abound. We have all the amenities of a large city while still feeling like a small town! Our focus in delivering exceptional patient care and superior client service is at the heart of all we do. We strive to live by our core values; kindness, accountability, relationship building, solution-focused, and a healthy work environment. We are working to build a hospital culture that fosters teamwork and collaboration and a caring, supportive, professional, and family environment. It is our belief that treating one another with respect and compassion will enable us to provide outstanding, empathetic service to our clients, referring veterinarians and the community.
In addition to joining a wonderful local team, South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care is part of Pathway Vet Alliance and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
· Signing Bonus!
· Competitive compensation
· Relocation Financial Assistance
· Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
· Generous paid parental leave
· Annual CE Stipend
· 401k w/ employer match
· Hospital Incentive Plan
· Annual Paid Time Off
· Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
· A team that values collaboration and work-life balance
If you are an experienced veterinary technician with a contagious passion for providing exceptional veterinary care to your patients and amazing customer service to their owners – and want to build and lead a large team of technicians to do the same - we want you on our team!