Veterinarian for West Hills East Veterinary Clinic
Dr. Matthew Steinberg, of the West Hills East Veterinary Clinic in desirableCommack in historic Suffolk County, New York is seeking a full-time or part-time energetic veterinarian to join his progressive and growing practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented with strong client education skills, and be a dedicated and enthusiastic team player.
Our team has a strong partnership with clients built on clear, consistent communication and education. West Hills East Veterinary Clinic has a loyal following among our extended pet families as shown in our client's reviews & testimonials. We are a well-established, independently owned practice with a diverse caseload. We practice quality medicine and are currently expanding our state-of-the-art facility.
As an associate veterinarian at West Hills East Veterinary Clinic, you will appreciate our in-house pharmacy, Idexx in-house laboratory, digital radiology, digital dental radiology, ultrasound, surgical monitoring equipment including BP, pulse Ox and ECG, ultrasound, as well as a highly trained technical and friendly support staff. We proudly utilize our practice management software in a highly collaborative family work environment.
We collaborate with specialists in multiple fields through referrals, as well as through visiting specialists. Our close proximity to several large 24 hour referral and emergency centers allows us to offer our staff the family friendly benefits of no after hours emergencies, and no on-call scheduling.
We focus on a very high standard of medicine while working with the client to develop a manageable patient care plan. Our hospital stresses preventive care, dentistry, exceptional medical workups & treatments, surgery, as well as behavior and nutrition counseling.
Our staff to doctor ratio is greater than 4:1. Our normal work schedules are flexible and feature no emergency on-call duty. Our technical staff includes Veterinary Technicians & Veterinary Assistants.
We are looking for just the right individual with 2+ years of experience in general medicine to join our dynamic and compassionate team, and will consider recent graduates with exceptional medicine and communication skills. The right candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented, have strong client education skills, exceptional medical knowledge, and be a team player. The position requires a minimum of 25 hours per week, but full-time is preferred in order to keep up with our growing practice.
* Motivated new and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply. You’ll be part of an amazing team that is passionate about our patients and our practice. Internship training is encouraged, but not required. Surgical proficiency with spays, neuters, and mass removals is highly valued.
You need to be a person of good character, customer service oriented, hard working, detail oriented, thorough, timely, a good communicator, friendly, teachable, and obviously a pet lover!
Our benefits package includes: Competitive Salary with Bonus, Personal Pet Discounts, Generous PTO & Sick Time Offerings, Continuing Education (CE) Allowance, Veterinarian Membership Dues and Licensing Fees, and a fantastic family oriented work environment.
* All applications will be treated as confidential.
* We will only be able to personally respond to qualified candidates.
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing and eligibility to practice Veterinary Medicine in the State of New York.
* Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
* The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
* Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
* A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
* The successful candidate must be able to pass a professional background check and drug test.
Additional Salary Information:
Compensation is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
Internal Number: WHEVC-DVM
About West Hills East Veterinary Clinic c/o Burzenski & Company, P.C.
For more than 35 years, Burzenski & Company has been skillfully providing financial management and tax planning services for veterinary practices and their owners. Our customized and personal approach to guiding veterinary practices in all facets of business has earned us a national reputation as leaders in the industry.
The veterinary practice management team, led by Gary I. Glassman, CPA, has a unique understanding of practice business strategies, tax and accounting services, operational management, financial forecasting and personalized management services for veterinary practices.
Whether your veterinary practice specializes in companion animals, emergency/specialty medicine, equine, bovine, swine, dairy or is a mixed animal practice, our experienced team of professionals understands the needs of veterinary practitioners and can provide the appropriate insight to maximize your financial position and operate more efficiently.
An overview of our veterinary services. https://youtu.be/UbU3p0b8LIM