POSITION: Adjunct Faculty – Veterinary Technology (Part-Time)
LOCATION: Baker of Jackson
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire individuals to be assigned to the positions of ADJUNCT FACULTY – VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker of Jackson.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The primary purpose of the Part-Time Adjunct Faculty person is to teach Veterinary Technology courses.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology required
- Must be licensed as a Veterinary Technician (LVT) or Veterinarian (DVM) in the State of Michigan required
- Animal Anatomy and Physiology experience required
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Must be able to multi-task in high stress situations
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, Solar, Google Apps, and the Internet required
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and communication skills
- Must have the ability to teach day time, evenings, and weekends for available courses
- Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 25 lbs. required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach up to a maximum 12 credit hours per quarter
- Revise, review, and/or develop curriculum, as needed
- Complete all required professional development/training
- Collect and submit required assessment of student learning data
- Participate in appropriate campus and system committees, meetings, projects, and activities
- Other duties as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies by course section
REPORTS TO: Program Director for Veterinary Technology
STARTING DATE: August 28, 2017
COMPENSATION: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by June 19, 2017 in care of:
Baker College Professional Services, Inc.-JK
Human Resource Department
E-mail: [email protected]
Baker of Jackson’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at http://www.baker.edu/media/ckfinder/files/Security-Report-JA.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker of Jackson Campus Safety office.