Massanutten Animal Clinic located in Harrisonburg, VA is looking for an Associate DVM to join our practice!
Massanutten Animal Clinic is a two doctor small animal practice (cats and dogs), full service facility with 5 fully-utilized licensed veterinary technicians on staff. Most of our staff has been with us for 5+ years. We are a wonderful hospital with long-time clients/patients, great local schools, and a friendly community.
More information at www.massvets.com
Please checkout our Facebook page!
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Idexx & Heska bloodwork equipment
- Digital radiograph, digital dental radiograph
- Ultrasound coming in July
- Surgery cautery unit
- Therapeutic laser (Warp)
- Dental Scaler/polisher
We are located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, Virginia 30 miles from Shenandoah National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway with access to the Appalachian Trail. Lake Anna & Smith Mountain Lake within 2 hours, Washington D.C. approximately 3 hours away, Virginia Beach approximately 4 hours away. Agricultural area with various farmers’ markets and access to rural settings. Downtown area hosts many local restaurants and shops. Great place to raise a family. Lots of child friendly activities and a children’s museum downtown. Massanutten Resort with winter skiing and water park. Located near James Madison University and Charlottesville & University of Virginia is approximately 1 hour away. Cost of living index 98 according to AreaVibes.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- 1+ years of experience in private practice
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Must be a team player, practices progressive medicine
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.