Chambersburg Animal Hospital located in Chambersburg, PA is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
Chambersburg Animal Hospital is located in beautiful South Central Pennsylvania, situated just 13 miles north of Maryland and the Mason-Dixon Line, 52 miles southwest of Harrisburg and approximately midpoint on US Route 30 between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. The population of Greater Chambersburg is approximately 52,000. Chambersburg Animal Hospital provides primary care, referral services, and limited emergency for small companion animals.
Find more information at www.chambersburganimalhospital.com!
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Established hospital has been in business for over 65 years
- Hospital has four exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, and recovery ward
- In-house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries (Vet Test chemistry system), urinalysis and sediments, PCV, TP, Fe-leuk, and various ELISA tests run by technicians. Also close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories
- In house ECGs run and interpreted
- Isoflourane anesthesia, electro surgery, and laser surgery
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities including oscilloscope/defibrillator and pulse oximetry
- Complete pharmacy – large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments
- Newest version AVIMark computerization streamlines the management of a client data base of more than 12,000 animals
- Laser Therapy
We are located 30 minutes west of Gettysburg, PA and just a 2 hour drive to Washington, DC or Baltimore where you can immerse yourself in American History, take in cultural events or experience big city entertainment. There are also many outdoor recreational opportunities in the Tri-State area including fishing, hunting, boating, water-skiing, camping, downhill skiing, and canoeing. The area is well represented with churches, social organizations, shopping areas, restaurants, etc. The cost-of-living in this area of Pennsylvania means that earned income goes farther dollar-for-dollar than in many other areas of the state. We think you will find Chambersburg, PA to be a wonderful place to live, raise a family and practice.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.