VCA Old Marple Animal Hospital is seeking an Emergency Veterinarian to join our well-established, multi-doctor, 24-hour emergency/general practice in Springfield, Pennsylvania.
If you're an experienced, internship-trained Emergency Clinician who shares our passion for the business of veterinary medicine, we want to hear from you! Drive our success as you drive your own—by using your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence and humility to save pets' lives. We’ll help you sharpen your edge through continuing education and you’ll enjoy access to our brain trust of board certified Specialists, among the many resources of North America’s leader in veterinary medicine.
Only 8 miles from the great city of Philadelphia, VCA Old Marple provides routine care as well as emergency and specialty services to residents in the surrounding areas. We’re open 24/7 for emergency services and offer convenient and flexible hours for routine services, including Sundays. The staff at Old Marple is dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service. We see small animals as well as avians and exotics.
- A recently remodeled facility (a converted mansion!) with 12 exam rooms, 3 surgical suites, updated treatment room, ICU wards and a new waiting room to provide our clients with comfort and reassurance that their pet is receiving the best care.
- Specialty services that include Surgery, Critical Care, Endoscopy, Reproduction, Internal Medicine and Cardiac Ultrasounds.
- Digital Radiology and Dental Radiology.
- Brand new GE Logiq Ultrasound, Endoscopic equipment, Snyder ICU units and Covidien Cautery Units.
- Isoflourane Anesthesia and up-to-date anesthesia monitoring equipment.
- A large inventory of established pharmaceuticals.
- An established in-house laboratory that is capable of supporting our emergency team, as well as a relationship with an external full-service laboratory.
The Emergency Veterinarian—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Emergency Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical and surgical diagnostics and treatment to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, fulfill VCA requirements for attending local VCA Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.